Tuesday, March 17, 2009

The best time of day...

Ever since Reilly has been sleeping in a regular bed, instead of a crib, he likes to have snuggle time at night. I lay down in his bed with him, and we snuggle and talk about his day. I have been unable to go up and down the stairs since my surgery 7 weeks ago, and I have really missed our nightly snuggle. Bobby has done a good job taking over snuggle duties, but I just love that time of day.
Tonight Bobby has been having some sort of work-related problems and has been on the phone since he got home. He put Reilly to bed, but Reilly was having a hard time going to sleep. So I literally crawled up the stairs and went into Reilly's room for some snuggle time. It was great! At one point, I told him "goodnight monkey" and he looked at me, smiled sleepily, and said in the sweetest little voice "goodnight mama". Then he snuggled up closer to me. It actually made me tear up...I'm such a sap sometimes!

0 comments: