Friday, September 18, 2009

The Rainbow Connection

Things have been a little stressful around the house for the last week or so...we are in the middle of a major kitchen renovation, and it has been taking its toll on everyone in the family. One of the biggest issues is that the living room is full of clutter, as are the kitchen and dining room. And of course, all this clutter is just a magnet for Reilly. As a result, he has been staying late at school everyday and I have been keeping him out of the house as much as possible.

Tonight I decided to take him to storytime at Barnes and Noble. I loaded him into the car and had driven about 10 feet when he yelled out "Mommy, a rainbow!" I looked up and sure enough, there was a beautiful rainbow directly in front of us. As we continued to drive through the neighborhood, we could see the rainbow from every street. Reilly was just fascinated by it, and decided that the rainbow was following us. I love his imagination.
A few minutes later, he got all excited and said "Mama, it growed!" I looked up, and the rainbow had turned into a DOUBLE rainbow! I don't think I have ever seen that before. I was kind of cranky and stressed out when we left the house, but how can you be in a bad mood after seeing something as amazing as that?

0 comments: