Saturday, February 28, 2009

Mommy and Reilly day

For the first 14 months of Reilly's life, I was a stay at home mom. Simply put, it was heaven. I miss spending all my days watching him learn and grow. I have gotten used to working, and I know that he loves his school, but I still miss those early days. This morning, Bobby left fairly early, to go run some errands and get new glasses (that part didn't happen, but that's another story). So we had Mommy and Reilly day here at the house.
We watched all his favorite TV shows...Mickey Mouse Clubhouse, Imagination Movers, Handy Manny, all the usuals. Then we played with his dinosaurs and had lunch together. A while later, we snuggled up together in my bed and both fell asleep. I woke up when Bobby got home, but Reilly was out for a few hours.
Bobby decided that he wanted to go see a movie, so we had more Mommy and Reilly time tonight. We shared some chicken nuggets, watched Snow White, and just had a lovely time. Usually if I have Reilly for a whole day, we do a lot of running around, but since I am still on the mend, so we had to just hang out around the house. Reilly has been pretty tired all week too, I think he is still recovering from all the activity of Mardi Gras, so I wanted to give him some time to just chill out and relax. I think we both had a great time today!

0 comments: