Sunday, November 8, 2009

Reillyisms

More funny and amazing things that come out of his mouth...



It is often a battle to get Reilly to go potty. He will do anything to avoid going when we ask him too (he gets that stubborn gene from me!). The other day, I told him to go use the bathroom and he gave me a resounding "NO"!! He was wearing a Superman shirt, so I said "come on Superman, let's go potty". He looked down at his shirt and responded with "Superheroes don't go potty!" I guess it would be kind of rough with the tights and all...



One of our family traditions is that on weekend mornings we all curl up in bed together and watch TV. On a recent weekend morning Reilly crawled into our bed and tried to snuggle up Bobby. For some reason, Bobby had slept with no shirt on, which is very unusual for him. Reilly promptly told Bobby to put his shirt on. When Bobby asked him why, Reilly said "I don't like your fur". Bobby has very little body hair, so I'm not sure exactly what Reilly was bothered by, but Bobby humored him and put on a shirt.


Reilly and I were shopping at Sam's recently, when I went to go look for some deli meat. I was standing in front of the big case, trying to figure out what I wanted, when all of a sudden Reilly yells out "Go Meat!"


Reilly loves to take all of his toys out, but hates to put them all away. The other night, we were trying to get him to clean up the big mess he had made in the living room. His answer: "are the maids coming tomorrow? They can clean them up for me". Ummm, no honey, YOU need to pick up your toys.



I put out our holiday decorations the other day. One of the things I put out is an Elf on the Shelf, so that night I read Reilly the book and got him to try and find the elf. I don't think this is going to be a very effective behavior management tool in this house. He told me that the elf is just a decoration and can't fly to the North Pole because he doesn't have wings. I think he is too smart for his own good.

0 comments: